Saturday 20 August 2011

Life at the airport when your family has left already!

Still the 20th of August,

My family, Heather, Amy and Andrew and Scamper the Cat....all went through security at the airport at 0800 am this morning. What was there for a husband and father who is going a different direction to do......I went back to the airport hotel (who gave me kindly a 2:00pm checkout), cleaned up after our stay, and our feed of take out chinese food.....

|I emailed my wife 3 times and thanked her for putting up with me....emailed my daugter and begged for understanding....and basically moped arouund until now....3:00 pm, sitting in departures waiting for my flight back to Goose Bay.....

Yes that is right, Goose Bay, Labrador. It turns out my family will see Iqaluit before I do, as I am in Goose Bay until the 9th of September, while they will arrive in Iqaluit on the 26th of August.....

No worries....it is still summer according to the weather network.....and a balmy 8 degrees.,....

I should mention the great service from West Jet this morning........and Air Canada this afternoon.....both actually worked with us to save us money.....my wife and kids had 3 bags each and 2 carry on pieces each....that is right 15 pieces of luggae plus the cat!!! That is what happens when everything you own is in suitcases......The West Jet agent worked with us to save us $60.00...well done West Jet...still an extra 310.00 dollars, but it could have been worse.....Then this afternoon....after having to pack a few uniforms in my luggae...a kindly air canada agent, against what I believed told me....:we`ll let this one go today`....I was 12 lbs over......super agents, super job......bodes well for the trip north I hope.

More to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment