Wednesday 28 September 2011

My daughter the Sqaudron Warrant Officer......

OK first things first.....my daughter looks amazing in an air cadet uniform. She looks so grown up, and so ready to be a pilot.....wow! That is right...my daughter has left the ranks of the navy (cadets) and is now a fully uniformed member of the air cadet sqaudron. She has kept her equivlent rank (WO2 equivelent to a CPO2) so that is good. Getting the uniform and being able to trully be one of them.....is great! Heather continues to wear her naval uniform, although I think this may be hard for some of the locals....and me......well it is time to swallow the anchor. It appears that there is not a meaningful role for me here locally, and instead of hanging on...I think retirment is in order. It has been 26 years.....26 good years, but time to hang up the sword.

Work is going very well. I love the fact that I can actually make decisions, and impact change. Long days, and long hours, but there is so much to do. I have worked straight since arriving. I tell Heather that I take tuesday off......I get up and put jeans on....but I still go to work at 6:45 and get home late at night. maybe next week I will take a break.

Still loving the locale.....it is not too cold. Winter is here, not with all its fury, most days see flurries, and the mountains across Frobisher are very white with snow.

Purchase of Canada Goose jackets starts this week. All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment