Wednesday 26 October 2011

Paper Driver Licences and Goose Down....

What does Goose Down and Paper drivers licenses have in common? Well both are new experiences for anyone coming to the North. Today I happily experienced both. First I went with my wife to get new drivers licenses. Mine expires at the end of the month from Nova Scotia so it was time! It was a pleasant surprise to head into the motor vehicle branch and be the only one there. Unlike down south where there can be hundreds sitting and waiting, and the process can be 2-4 hours, here it is a very quick process. Everything looks the same when you enter, just on a smaller scale. You still fill out paperwork, and hand over money, and get your picture taken....but then it changes....Your drivers license will arrive in 3-5 weeks, and here is your temporary drivers license....

Your temporary license is on a piece of for all intents and purposes receipt paper. The same paper that comes from the cashiers at the grocery store. It has all your information on it, and you treat it like a license. I was deadly serious when I asked the lady behind the counter if I really had to carry my license. Where I do not carry a wallet, I am not quite sure how I keep this receipt licence for 5 weeks......but here is hoping I have it all the way through!

The other first today was the purchase of my Canada Goose Parka. I went for a red resoloute parka........I can tell you already that it is warm......and big, and bulky. I know I will be happy when the weather gets colder.....and I certainly will have lots of time to use it so all is good! The parka is expensive, but you pay for quality, and I have to say it was less then 700.00 so actually not all that bad. I am ready for the winter, and for years to come.

Every day is a new experience and today was a chance to experience Goose Down and Valuable 5 week receipt paper.

Take care, more to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment