Thursday 8 September 2011

Families doing ok....I am on my way!

Well I need to start by saying sorry....Internet in the North is sketchy at the best of times. I was not even North yet, but alas not much quality internet in Goose Bay either. Bandwidth is used up.....and I was only able to make post when travelling or visiting the local CapSite.

My family has now been in Iqaluit for 2 weeks. Things are o.k.....obviously there is lots that is very different. And, there is snow acroiss the bay, which is clearly visable I am told from our house. That is right....September 8th, 2011 and there is snow. I am told from some ex-Iqaluit residents that it kind of creeps towards the city.........until they are covered in snow....we will see.

My son after his first week has been nominated for Student Council President....and is making friends, and my daughter who at 16 I am mostly worried about, met a young lady from Lower Sackville on her first day, and is already referring to the lunch hang out spot as "The Browns". She is outwardly saying this is a terrible thing....my hope is that she settles in and everything will be ok.....

I left Goose Bay today at 9:40. I am in Halifax right now waiting to catch a flight to Ottawa where I will overnight before getting on my final plane of this trip to head to Iqaluit in the morning. I will be there by Lunch time.

I hope to do a tour of the town, and visit each of our 5 Quick Stops and the main store by supper time to get a glimpse of where we stand, so that come Monday we can start planning.

The senior executives from Head Office will be there on Tuesday at which point we can start to make our stores the best, and a destination for all local residents.

Stay tuned, more to come with a couple of pictures in the next couple of day!

No comments:

Post a Comment